Practical Consciousness Foundation
Websites ingvarvillido.com, practicalconsciousness.com, and ee.practicalconsciousness.com
What is Practical Consciousness Foundation?
Practical Consciousness SA is a non-profit organization (foundation) who’s aim is to contribute to the growth of humaneness in the world by teaching the “Practical Consciousness” method of Ingvar Villido Ishwarananda (hereinafter the “Foundation” or “we”).
In this Privacy Notice Foundation is the responsible person or data controller, who processes your personal data.
Foundation is established under the laws of Estonia. Its registry code is 90015413 and address is Taevasmaa tee 2, Aruvalla, Rae, 75320 Harju County, ESTONIA.
Foundation is officially registered as continuing education institution in Estonia.
What is Privacy Notice?
This Privacy Notice (hereinafter the “Privacy Notice”) applies when you as a natural person (hereinafter “you”) use our products and services and websites ingvarvillido.com or practicalconsciousness.com or ee.practicalconsciousness.com (hereinafter the “website”) and the content offered via website, also when you show your interest in previous and therefore give us your contact details (e.g., you subscribe to a newsletter etc.).
This Privacy Notice applies to the processing of your personal data, which means your data that is specifically or indirectly related to you as an individual (hereinafter “data”).
This Privacy Notice gives you information on the following:
- what data we collect and process;
- how we collect your data;
- for what purposes and on what legal grounds we process your data;
- how we protect your data;
- for how long we store your data;
- who can process your data in addition to us;
- what rights you have regarding the processing of your data and how to exercise your rights.
What is not covered by this Privacy Notice?
This Privacy Notice does not apply to the processing of your personal data by other companies when you are using their services or websites, even if they were accessed through our website. The processing of personal data carried out by these other companies follows the rules established by them.
How do we process data?
We process data in accordance with this Privacy Notice, EU General Data Protection Regulation and Estonian legislation related to Foundation’s field of activity (incl. e.g., in accordance with the Adult Education Act in adult education etc.).
What personal data do we process?
To provide services or sell products, among others we need to ask you to provide us with the following information:
- Full name (given name and last name) or in case of a legal person, the name of its representative and contact person;
- Personal code or date of birth or in case of a legal person, personal identification code;
- City and Country of residence or address;
- Contact details (phone number, e-mail address etc);
In addition, we store and process the following data in connection with the provision of services, the sale of products and offering online shop:
- Data listed previously above;
- Data that is needed for login and authentication (for instance IP-address, cookies etc.);
- Correspondence between you and Foundation;
- Information about the use of the services offered by us and participation in the courses (e.g. which courses have you participated in previously etc);
- Statistical demographic data (for instance age, gender, profession, city and country of residence);
- Data necessary for delivery of the goods (e.g., delivery address etc.);
- Data necessary for making the payment by you (e.g., payer name, payment amount, name of payee, list of payer’s IBANs, e-mail address, address, IP address etc.);
- Data related to orders (incl. pending orders) (e.g., data of goods added to the shopping cart, payment data, etc).
We collect and use the following data in connection with the provision of the website and online shop services:
- Data on the use of our e-shop and website, its services and functionalities, and information collected with cookies (e.g., from which page the website was accessed, etc.);
- Data to personalize content and ads;
- Data for providing social media functions;
- Data about you as a buyer or user that is available in public databases or on the Internet or other databases (e.g., information about the buyer’s interests, e.g., Google Analytics data, data from Facebook, etc.).
In connection with the development and provision of the Ask Ingvar service offered through the website ingvarvillido.com, we collect and process the following data:
- user´s first and last name;
- user contact details (e-mail address, etc.);
- a question entered by the user, i.e., all information and text entered by the questioner, except for highly personal or sensitive data (e.g., health data, etc., which we do not store and/or delete).
We collect and process the following data in connection with the development and provision of services related to the Practical Consciousness Book offered through the ingvarvillido.com website (enabling free download of Bonus Back materials and offering of the Support line, etc.), as well as for marketing purposes:
- user’s first and last name;
- user contact details (telephone number, e-mail address, etc.);
- to provide support in connection with the Practical Consciousness Book, questions, explanations, answers, etc. provided by the user, i.e., text and information provided to us by the user through the Support line service, except for highly personal or sensitive data (e.g., highly health data) which we do not store and/or delete.
To develop and offer our products and services (e.g., to provide recorded courses, lectures and other similar audio and video materials, etc. via the website), we record, store and process audio and video materials of our courses, lectures, etc. and the data collected by the feedback forms of the participants. We do not record participants in these events in a recognizable manner in case we have not respective participant´s consent.
When and how do we collect your data?
We offer different products and services through our website and e-shop (e.g., online customer services, courses, lectures etc.). Therefore, the information we collect about you depends on the specific services, products, or e-channel you use and what data needs to be processed in order to provide them (e.g., when ordering and using the service, registering as a user, etc.). We only collect data necessary to achieve the purposes defined below.
We collect your personal data mainly in the following ways:
- data you provide us, for example, when you communicate or have a contractual relationship with us, i.e., you purchase our products, services or register as a user of services, participate in our lectures, courses etc., subscribe to our newsletter, respond to our customer satisfaction survey, contact us for information, etc.;
- data generated by the IT systems when you use our product and services, website or e-shop and other e-channels etc.;
- derived data that we have created based on your personal information, such as user profiles, analytical data and conclusions based on automated analytical decisions about your possible preferences and interests;
- data that is available from other sources, such as other service providers, publicly available registers, state agencies (e.g., population register), banks, creditors (for credit checks and solvency assessments), etc.
What is the purpose and legal basis for our data processing?
We process data for the following purposes and under the following legal basis:
Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract concluded between you and us:
- to provide you services and products under the contract;
- for customer relationship management;
- to provide you access to our services and products, including via our e-shop and website.
Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party:
- To ensure the quality of our products and services;
- To prove transactions and customer communication and to exercise our rights (incl. debt collection);
- To provide additional services;
- For direct marketing (e.g., if you have subscribed to our newsletter to send you notification of upcoming events and offers via e-mail) and other marketing purposes (e.g., marketing analysis to find out your needs and preferences as our customer or website user etc.);
- For Customer satisfaction surveys and statistics;
- To provide you our website and e-shop.
- In connection with courses for issuing certificates etc.;
Processing is necessary for our compliance with a legal obligation defined by law:
- For accounting and providing data to authorized public authorities, etc.
- In connection with courses to comply with the requirements of the Adult Education Act.
Are there other parties beside us who may process your data?
We are allowed to disclose your data to the extent permitted and/or required by law and in compliance with the requirements of the personal data protection laws. This is only in duly justified cases and only to those recipients of data who undertake to protect the data properly.
We may authorize our partners and suppliers to process your data on behalf of us. Our partners can process the data for purposes, in accordance with the instructions and within the limits of the authorization fixed by us in a written agreement. Our suppliers may process personal data only in accordance with our instructions and to the extent necessary to fulfill the obligations arising from the contract concluded between us.
When using our partners and suppliers, we take appropriate care to ensure that they act in accordance with this Privacy Notice. Our main partners are our affiliated organizations:
- Human OÜ, a company that is the intellectual property licensor of the Practical Consciousness brand and teachings. According to the data processing contract entered into with Human OÜ, a joint liability applies, which means that both Foundation and Human OÜ are responsible for the processing of your personal data (joint data controllers) and Human OÜ also processes the data as set forth in this Privacy Notice.
Your data may also be transferred:
- in connection with electronic identification to the identification service providers;
- in connection with your payments to us (our authorized payment service providers and data processors for previous purpose is Montonio Finance, https://montonio.com/legal/privacy-policy and Fienta Ticketing, https://fienta.com/help/privacy);
- to offer you online customer service (Support line, Chat) to our authorized service provider User.com https://user.com/en/privacy-policy/.
- other third parties (e.g., TYPEFORM, S.L, typeform.com, to store your feedback form, etc.) with your consent that we may have obtained in connection with a specific service or purpose;
- we may provide data on debtors to debt collection companies to the extent necessary to initiate and enforce debt collection;
- providers of legal, audit and other special services, enforcement agents, etc.;
- in connection with mergers and acquisitions and various business transactions and transfers;
- on other grounds established or permitted by law.
You can request more detailed information on the transfer of your data and about our authorized data processors (e.g., names and locations, etc.) by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What do we do to protect data and ensure privacy?
We guarantee that all data collected is confidential and protected, and Foundation does not transfer, sell or disclose data to third parties without a legal basis (such as your consent or if we are required or justified to do so by law etc.). We guarantee the accuracy and security of the processed data.
You are also responsible for the accuracy of the information you disclose.
The website may contain links to third party websites or services. Their websites and services have different privacy policies. Foundation is not responsible for the privacy policies of third parties, or the processing of data related to its activities, and we recommend that you read the privacy policies of each third party separately before using the website or service.
How do we ensure data security?
We implement necessary IT technical, organizational, and physical security measures to protect data from unauthorized persons and against unintentional or unlawful deletion, alteration, disclosure, transfer or other unauthorized or unlawful processing. Only certain authorized persons have access to change and process the data. All data in our organization is treated as confidential information. Foundation is not responsible for third party access to and for the security of the devices under your control and for the Internet.
What do you need to do to protect your data?
To ensure data security, our website and e-shop must be used carefully and with secure devices (e.g., computer, smartphone, application, etc.). Usernames, passwords, as well as ID card, Mobile ID and Smart-ID PIN codes related to you, your device or our website or e-shop must be kept secret and protected. Please be aware that we cannot guarantee the security of the data and are not liable for any possible negative consequences if the data is not protected due to your own failure to comply with the above security requirements.
Are we transferring data outside the European Union?
We generally process data within the European Union, but in rare specific cases data may be transferred and processed (including stored) in countries outside the EU (e.g., direct marketing service providers). For more detailed information on data transfer outside the EU, please contact us at email@example.com .
How do we use your contact information for marketing purposes?
If you have subscribed to our newsletter etc. and/ or we have received your contact information in connection with the sale of our products and services, we may send you notifications of upcoming events, our offers, direct marketing letters etc either by post or e-mail, unless you have prohibited us from doing so. We may also send you offers for similar or related products and services of our affiliated partners Human OÜ, Lilleoru NGO and other carefully selected partners. You can also receive marketing messages directly from Human OÜ, which is also data may receive your data directly from Human OÜ, which is joint data controller with us and from MTÜ Lilleoru, which is our authorized data processor.
How can I unsubscribe from the offers?
You have the right to contact us at any time to indicate your wish not to receive marketing letters. To unsubscribe from newsletters and direct marketing letters, each newsletter and/or direct marketing letter has an unsubscribe link for this purpose. You can also cancel by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have cancelled the offers, but later wish to receive them again, you can subscribe to a newsletter via our website.
In connection with our products and services, we may contact you and send you a feedback e-mail to improve the quality of the service or when is necessary in other similar purposes.
What are Cookies and how do we use them?
The use of such cookies is directly necessary for the functioning of the website.
- to personalize content and ads;
- to provide social media features;
- to analyze the use of websites.
We may also provide our social media, advertising, and analytics partners with information about how the website is used. These cookies help us to offer our products and services better and more personally to you.
Cookies can be deleted or blocked, but in this case not all functions of the website may work as intended.
What are Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics and how we use it?
Do we use Facebook tools and services for processing your data?
Our website may have integrated a variety of tools and services offered by Facebook (Meta Platforms, Inc or Meta Platforms Ireland Limited). When a user visits a website, a direct connection is established between the user’s web browser and the Facebook server, using Meta Business Tool plug-ins or other tools. Through this tool for example Facebook receives information that the user has access to our website from their IP address. If the user is logged in to Facebook and presses the “Like” or “Share” buttons, the user can link the content of the website to their Facebook profile, through which Facebook can reflect the specific use on the user’s wall. We do not receive any information about the transferred data or its use on Facebook. For more information, visit Facebook’s privacy page https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/. If the user does not want the user’s Facebook account to reflect the visit to the service provider’s page, the user must log out of Facebook.
Does our website keep logs?
The server hosting our website may store queries made by the user to the server (web address opened by the user, browser and device used by the user, IP address, access time). This data is used only for technical purposes to ensure the operation and security of the website and to detect security incidents. We also use Microsoft Power Apps (https://privacy.microsoft.com/et-ee/privacystatement ).
What to do if you need more information about data processing by us?
You can get more detailed information about your data by asking questions, submitting request etc. through our e-mail address email@example.com. If your data has changed or needs to be updated for any other reason, you must notify us also by e-mail or change it yourself in the e-shop. We have the right to respond to such inquiries within 30 days.
What are your rights regarding personal data?
You have the following rights regarding your data:
- Right to access. You have the right to access your data which we process and retain at any time. You have the right to receive information about the following: purposes of data processing, types of personal data processed by us, recipients of data or categories of recipients to whom personal data have been disclosed and data retention period.
- The right to rectification. If you have discovered that your data processed by us is incorrect, inaccurate, or changed, you can always change or have it corrected either in our online shop or by contacting us via e-mail.
- Right to erasure (or the “right to be forgotten”). In certain cases, you have the right to have your data deleted. This applies to data processing based on consent and legitimate interests. This includes, for example, marketing profiles etc. Complete deletion of data is not possible if we also use the data for other purposes, in connection with which deletion of data is not permitted by law (e.g., contracts and invoices must be kept for 7 years under the Accounting Act). The final deletion of data cannot be requested before the online shop order has been fulfilled and the time for submitting claims has elapsed, as in this case we will have to process the data in order to fulfil your order;
- Right to object. You have the right to object to the processing of data concerning you, which we do based on a legitimate interest. If an objection is submitted, we will terminate the data processing if possible.
- Right to restrict. You have the right to obtain from us a restriction of processing of your data on the following occasions: (a) you have found out that the data processed is not accurate; (b) the processing is unlawful; (c) the data processing is no longer necessary for the purposes of the processing, but you need it to prepare, file or defend a legal claim; (d) you object to the consideration of a legitimate interest and wish to limit the processing until a decision is taken.
- Right to turn to Foundation or a supervisory authority or a court. You always have the right to contact us if you would like more information about the use of your data and to the Data Protection Inspectorate or a court to protect your privacy rights and personal data. The Data Protection Inspectorate is a state agency in Estonia that can be contacted or consulted on issues related to personal data protection.
For how long we keep your data?
We will retain your personal data for the time necessary to achieve the purposes established in this Privacy Notice or until an obligation imposed by law states it should be retained. For more information on data retention periods, please contact us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do we amend this Privacy Notice?
Our latest, up to date and valid Privacy Notice is available on our website. We may time to time change the content of this document. We may do it at any time without prior notice to you. For this reason, we encourage you to periodically visit our website, where you will always find the most current version of this Privacy Notice. We may also notify you of the most significant changes that concern you in the Privacy Notice on our website, by email or in any other reasonable manner.